Softcom Ltd

Site Branding & Navigation Tools

Site Tools

Page Header & Details

Success Stories

“Redefining Complaints Management” - Complaints Management Platform

Client: FCCPC

Desktop Navigation


The Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) is an MDA under the Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment in Nigeria. FCCPC runs with an aim to eliminate hazardous products from the market, provide speedy redress to consumers complaints, undertake campaigns as will lead to increased consumer awareness, ensure that consumers interest receive due consideration at the appropriate forum, and encourage trade, industry and professional associations to develop and enforce in their various fields quality standards designed to safeguard the interest of consumers via legitimate methods. Consumer satisfaction has become highly flawed and unreliable and 90% of Nigerian’s have had to deal with bad products or services at one point or the other while the remaining 10% are at risk. FCCPC, considering the fact that only a handful of Nigerians are aware of the services they render, approached Softcom to develop a means though which they could effectively manage and track customer complaints from the moment a complaint is tendered to the point of resolve via technology.


Softcom saw this opportunity from FCCPC as a way to redefine complaints management by taking it from the norm, to refining it with effective and efficient technology. We conducted several process audits at FCCPC to fully understand the dynamics of manual/ traditional complaints management. After extensive weeks of co-creation with FCCPC, Softcom came up with a system to address the challenge. It comprises of a web platform and mobile application through which complainants can tender and track the stage of their complaints, a complaints management system for FCCPC where complaints can be received and assigned to the appropriate case officer and a robust admin backend to ensure complaints are adequately resolved. The entire system does not just receive complaints but also allows FCCPC address the complainants in the most humane way possible by ensuring that every single complainant is carried along every step of the process till their case is resolved.


  • Optimize operational management of complaints by 80%
  • Drive efficiency in tracking complaints from tender to resolution
  • Decrease incidences of consumer dissatisfaction by 60% by dec 2019
  • Increase efficiency of complaints resolution by 70%