iOS Developers at Softcon are responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of Apple devices including iPhones, iPad, and Apple watches. Your primary focus will be the development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other developers on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
As an iOS Developer, your job responsibilities will include the following;
- Designing and building advanced, complex applications for iPhones and iPads.
- Collaborating with teams around you and help in development processes early on.
- Enriching our team with your knowledge and your innovative ideas.
- Working effectively in agile product development and managing the complete mobile development cycle including testing, integration as well as publishing and maintenance of mobile apps.
- Collaborating with testers, product managers, designers, and engineers to build user-friendly, scalable, and innovative mobile experiences.
- Working with third-party data sources and API’s.
- Writing clear and maintainable code for our iOS apps.
- Unit-test coding for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Bug fixes and application performance enhancement.
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Maintaining code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
You’ll be a good fit for this position if you have;
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, other relevant fields, or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology.
- A minimum of 3 years experience.
- A deep understanding of Swift. Solid Swift experience is a plus.
- A decent knowledge and understanding of CocoaPods, Cocoa Touch, iOS frameworks, UIKit, Core Animation, CoreData, GCD & Networking, and other common libraries available for common tasks.
- Deep understanding of design patterns and API design for building iOS SDKs.
- Strong knowledge of iOS Framework and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines.
- Familiarity with REST-ful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Write efficient UI code as well as work with complex data structures and algorithms. Having an eye for great UI & UX is a plus.
- Passion for writing clean code with clean architecture and easily-testable code.
- A proficiency for understanding code versioning tools, such as Git.
- The ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- The ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious.
- A drive to learn fast and share your knowledge, to help increase the team’s productivity with each sprint.
- Superb communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems and projects to all teams.
- Eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself.
To apply, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Softcom is an innovative and adaptive company constantly reinventing ways of developing solutions and solving some of Africa’s biggest problems in Data, Learning, Identity, and Payment. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, ethnicity, background, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, or disability. We believe that in our uniqueness we are able to identify with the peculiarities in our communities and ideate to solve problems creatively.