Softcom was established in 2007 and we are a group of professionals whose overarching goal is to add value to our businesses and communities in Africa.
We transform companies by building several technologies, giving organizations clear roadmaps to achieve business objectives, automating operations, and becoming more visible in an ever-expanding internet-driven world. Our specialist software applications and devices are used in large-scale programs that organize and manage education, identity, payments, and people.
Our ultimate vision is to build an engineering company that will improve the way we live, learn and work in Africa and our culture and values in a nutshell speak to placing our customers as priority, working hard, being passionate about what we do (and having fun in the process!) and working together as a team to deliver quality . Our Company is full of ordinary people with extraordinary minds who desire to do extraordinary things!
We are looking for an iOS developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of Apple’s devices including iPhones, iPads and Apple watches. Your primary focus will be development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other developers on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
As an IOS Developer, a typical day might include the following:
- Designing and building advanced, complex applications for iPhones and iPads
- Collaborating with a team around you and help in its development processes early on.
- Enriching our team with your knowledge and your innovative ideas.
- Working effectively in an agile product development and managing the complete mobile development cycle including testing, integration as well as publishing and maintenance of mobile app.
- Collaborating with testers, product managers, designers and engineers to build user-friendly, scalable and innovative mobile experiences.
- Working with third-party data sources and API’s.
- Writing clear and maintainable code for our iOS apps.
- Unit-test coding for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Bug fixes and application performance enhancement.
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Maintaining code quality, organization, and automatization
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, other relevant fields or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology.
- Deep understanding of Swift. Solid Swift experience is a plus.
- Decent knowledge and understanding of CocoaPods, Cocoa Touch, iOS frameworks, UIKit, Core Animation, CoreData, GCD & Networking and other common libraries available for common tasks.
- Deep understanding of design patterns and API design for building iOS SDKs.
- Strong knowledge of iOS Framework and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines.
- Familiarity with REST-ful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Write efficient UI code as well as work with complex data structures and algorithms. Having an eye for great UI & UX is a plus.
- Passion for writing clean code with clean architecture and easily-testable code.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious.
- Possesses the drive to learn fast and share your knowledge, to help increase the team’s productivity with each sprint.
- Superb communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems and projects to all teams.
- Eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself.
The role reports to the IOS, Team Lead.
To apply, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org